It's hard to pick which hike is the best scramble in Red Rock. Hiking Las Vegas has over 100 Red Rock hikes available for members to download. Out of 100+ hikes it's hard to choose a favorite. Certainly Turtlehead Jr. Double Slot Route ranks high, along with Magic Mountain, Calico Tank Peak East Face Route and Twin Tanks. Here's some of the comments made by hikers about the Lost Creek Higher Overlook hike:
- This hike was a fun and challenging new scramble for me. The views were beautiful and the hiking group were a lot of fun!
- If you could custom order a hiking route from a catalog it would be difficult to improve on the quality terrain encountered on this route. Enjoyable and often challenging scrambling, combined with difficult route finding and stunning vistas make this the best 3.5 hours you can spend in Red Rock.
- Very nice hike. Scary but safe and we all had a good time.
- As advertised, this route had some WILD moves!
Pretty convincing testomonils. Here's why I like this route:
- It's short, but it's almost all scrambling
- Fun 4th class scrambles
- It has a step across which "gets" most hikers adrenaline flowing
- The hike passes a hideout where something was, well, hiding out!
- Lots of options: You can continue to Willow Springs Overlook, Goodman Peak or North Peak
We are lucky that there are so many great scrambling routes in Red Rock that it's hard to pick the best. If you want to do this hike, you will need a route description. It's impossible to follow without it. You can become a member and download not only this hike, but an additional 363 hikes from all over the southwest.