Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vasque Breeze Hiking Boots

Vasque sent me a pair of their Breeze hiking boots to test. I have not hiked in them yet, but here are my first impressions:

  • Extremely light! They feel as light as my Five-Tens.
  • Very comfortable so far. (I have only worn them to the gym.)
  • Well constructed.
  • Good lacing system with heavy duty shoe laces.
These boots are made for mountaineering type hikes. They are good for Mt. Charleston hikes (off trail) and the Sierra. They do NOT have a sticky rubber sole, so they would not be good for hikes on sandstone (Red Rock Canyon).

Vasque informed me they will be releasing a new model Jan. 2011, that will have Stealth Rubber soles. This is good news. I and many others all time favorite hiking boot was the Vasque Catalyst model. They have been discontinued for awhile.

I will take them to the Sierra and hike in them soon. Look for a full report in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me where I can go in Las Vegas to find the Vasque hiking boots? I live in Kingman, we have nothing here. either email 14eagle@citlink.net or call 928-303-3424 or leave it here.
    Thanks
    Eagle

    ReplyDelete