Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Red Rock Winter Wonderland


Wow! I went to shoot photos in Red Rock and hit the jackpot again. I hiked to Lost Creek Waterfall. I figured the waterfall would be flowing and it was, but I did not know about the ice clinging on the trees and bushes. It's an amazing sight. The photo to the left was taken behind the waterfall looking out through it.

For those who have not done Lost Creek Waterfall, it's a short hike over level ground and well worth doing now. I expect all waterfalls in Red Rock are flowing now and will probably be flowing for awhile.

All peaks in Red Rock are covered in snow. Best to snowshoe in Charleston (chains still might be required) or hike around Lake Mead. It might take to the end of the month for the snow to melt in Red Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment