This is the time to hike and scramble in Red Rock Canyon. Here are some tips to make your hike more enjoyable:
* Work on your balance at home or at the gym. Many routes in Red Rock require good balance.
* Wear sweat pants to protect your legs from brushy routes. The brush will eventually tear your pants. Why wear expensive pants when you know they will get ruin?
* Wear gloves. The brush and terrain are tough on hands.
* Do the longest routes now while there's more daylight and the Scenic Loop stays open until 7 pm.
* The Member's Only Section (on this web site) is the ultimate resource for Red Rock hiking. Many of the routes are virtually impossible to follow without a route description.