home page. You will immediately be taken to a page where you can download the PDF file of the hike. It's free!
- Start the hike off slowly (first 15 minutes) to get use to the elevation.
- Always bring a wind breaker. It can be very windy at the peaks
- Bring an extra layer if hiking to a peak
- Once the Monsoon Season starts, always bring a rain jacket
- Never where approach shoes (Vasque Screes) in Mt. Charleston. The limestone rock will destroy the sole very fast. I recommend Vasque Breeze hiking boots.
- Carry more water and drink often. Your body needs more water at higher elevations.
- If you are prone to blisters, bring spyroflex or moleskin. You can buy spyroflex at REI. The hikes are much longer (in miles) than hikes in Red Rock.
- If you are doing a long hike, bring an extra pair of socks and change at the peak
- If your feet are burning and you cross a stream, soak your feet in the stream to relieve the burning