Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Road Construction - Big Time Delays


US 93 past Hoover Dam is a mess! AZ is making it a dual highway, which is good, but expect big time delays. The parking for Liberty Bell Arch is gone right now. In fact we saw a bulldozer on the Liberty Bell Arch trail. This will make the trail hard to find.

Also the short road to AZ Hot Spring has been changed slightly. It appears you can still drive down the road to the trailhead, but this could change. If driving to Kingman, AZ, a faster route is through Laughlin, NV. Although there was road construction on that road also, it was minor.

This is kind of funny. I had a person email me about Mopah Point outside of Needles, CA. I went into the Member's Only section to look at the route and discovered I never published it! This is a fun hike with lots of climbing. I will publish it later this week. It's a great winter hike, though you do need to camp at the trailhead. It would make for a very long day to drive from Vegas, do the hike and drive back to Vegas.
Panorama from the summit

I found a great deal on the perfect daypack for Red Rock. It's a Kelty daypack for $55. Where? You need to be a member. I post great deals on gear for members. More information on how to become a member HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment