Friday, July 11, 2008

Big Falls



Big Falls is still flowing. Part of the trail was washed out by floods early this year. We set cairns to make it easier to follow the trail through this part. There are two caves above Big Falls. We hiked to the lower cave, but the upper cave required class 4 and 5 moves to reach.
Be cautious of stinging nettles. See photo to the right. If you brush up against them, they inject a cocktail of irritants. Though not dangerous, you will feel a sting for some time after coming in contact with the nettles.
It looks like the Monsoon season has started.

1 comment:

  1. I just happen to stumble across your blog... being a visitor to Vegas once a year at least... I had always wanted to 'hike' or just visit Mt Charleston... though my husband and I never hiked in our life... well, within reason... I am going to have to keep an eye out for the simplest hike to go on... What is your opinion? Take care...

    ReplyDelete