Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Red Rock Update



Last Friday, I hiked through Terrace Canyon on my way to Terrace Canyon Peak. Hike Terrace Canyon now! The water cascading down the canyon makes for great scenery and soothing to the ear. The route up to Terrace Canyon Peak has been improved. You'll know what I mean when you do the route.

Sunday five of us hiked to Lost Creek Peak via Graffiti Circ. This is one of my favorite hikes in Red Rock. We made a stop on Boot Boulder and I found a way to protect the climb via an anchor. Dave found a very easy descent route from the ridge into Graffiti Canyon. This avoids numerous down climbs if you retrace your steps. As we continued to Lost Creek Peak, I reset cairns and added a few. The route is in good shape; however, the sign in container needs replacing.

Dave also drove up Rockey Gap Road. He said most SUVs will need to stop around 1.5 miles up the road. (Odometers vary greatly on rugged roads.) This is where water crosses the road. It will be obvious. From there it's a little less than a mile walk to the North Peak trailhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment